Backyard-astro.com Newsletter: Site update: Lunar observing reports, Petavius, ghost craters and a new 10-inch Telescope

  • From: MH <newsletter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: backyard-astro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:29:12 +0200

Hi all,

I just updated the solar system section with two lunar observing=20
reports. On May 11 2005 I observed Petavius and Rimae Petavius with the=20=

8 inch TAL Klevtzov-Cassegrain. Petavius is a large, complex floor=20
fractured crater near the eastern limb of the Moon. For a detailed=20
observing report and a digital image of the Petavius area follow this=20
link:

http://www.backyard-astro.com/solar/moon/050511/050511.html

The next day, on May 12 2005 I joined Leo, a fellow observer who lives=20=

just down the road, to observe the Moon through his new telescope, the=20=

TAL 250K, a 10-inch Klevtzov Cassegrain mounted on a Lichtenknecker=20
mount. The seeing wasn't too good, but we still had a lot of fun=20
observing the Moon, especially Petavius and the western Mare Crisium=20
area with two ghost craters and some old capes. For a more detailed=20
report and some digital images of the Moon and the new telescope follow=20=

this link:

http://www.backyard-astro.com/solar/moon/050512/050512.html

=A0Enjoy!

=A0

Math

http://www.backyard-astro.com

OR by logging into the Web interface.

- Online, searchable archives of the Backyard-astro.com Newsletter are
available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/backyard-astro  Each list's archive is
automatically updated as new messages come in.