[b1-tennis] NEVITC Open Championships 2015 - Entry and Info

  • From: Steve Trewick <steve.trewick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: b1-tennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 12:25:32 +0000

Hi all, you should be receiving notification and entry details from your clubs
very soon, but entry is now open.

The below is a cross post of our Facebook announcement.  We look forward to
having a great B1 competition this year!

Please distribute to all your VI Tennis contacts.

Greetings Champions!

We are pleased to announce that entry for the NEVITC Open Championships 2015 is
now open!  The tournament will be held at The Northumberland Club, Jesmond,
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 3JU on Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th of may
2015.

Tournament information, an entry form and a copy of the tournament rules are
available from our website at http://www.nevitc.org.uk/tournaments/2015

This year we are also offering on-line entry and payment via the LTA website,
so players with a BTM number can log on and enter at
http://www.lta.org.uk/Competitions/Competition/?ctn=1-23UQ4IP

We are also hoping to provide an on-line facility for card payments to all
players, regardless of entry method.

This year, for the first time, we are asking all players to provide an up to
date British Blind Sport sight classification.  You can find out more about
sight classifications and how to get one at the BBS website
http://www.britishblindsport.org.uk/classification/

Players are strongly encouraged to familiarise themselves with the tournament
information and rules, there will be a test later. Highlights for this year
include sight classifications, eye shades, use of ITF red and orange courts and
the relaxation of racquet size restrictions.

There will also be a cap on the number of B2, B3, and B4 players we can take as
we have limited court space and we're sticking with a single venue this year.
The initial cap will be 24 players, we may raise this if there is sufficient
demand by cancelling the VI/Sighted doubles event.  Entries will be processed
on a 'first come, first served' basis and there will be a reserve list for
players who don't make the first 24.  Please see the tournament information
document for more details.

We appreciate that players will be eager to minimise travel costs by booking
accommodation and transport as early as possible, and we will endeavour to have
our entry finalised as soon as is humanly possible so that this process can be
begin.

Right then, now that we've got all the admin out of the way, may we cordially
invite VI Tennis players to join us for an awesome weekend of tennis and
partying!

This year the tournament again falls on the weekend of the Northumberland Club
finals, it's also Great British Tennis Weekend (and what a way to celebrate
it!) so we think we can guarantee you a great atmosphere both on and off court.

We're trying out a few new things this year, and we anticipate their will be
wrinkles and hiccups, particularly with the entry process, so please bear with
us while we attempt to master the ensuing chaos.

See you on the courts!

NEVITC Tournament Committee