[b1-tennis] Re: Accessibility of IBTA rules documents

  • From: Nikhil Nair <nnair@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "b1-tennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <b1-tennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:25:11 +0100 (BST)

I did try an old OCR program I have lying around.  It's normally excellent,
but it got nowhere with this one - it seemed to skip over most of it, as if
it decided they were pictures, rather than text.

Hopefully you'll have better luck - if it's needed, that is: I'll proceed
with my enquiries, anyway.

Cheers,

N.

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014, Lara Green wrote:

I will be able to run an ice on the document on Wednesday when I am back at work
Lara

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 9, 2014, at 10:55 PM, Nikhil Nair <nnair@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks,

Just FYI, it seems the international blind tennis rules documents are,
would you believe it, 100% inaccessible: rather than containing text, they
contain graphical images of photocopies of text!

I'll ask around to see if we can get the original documents, or whether
it's going to mean getting the stuff retyped.  It's not long, so retyping
might be the most sensible way forward.

Will keep you posted.

N.