[aztec-users] Re: aztec-unstable released on source forge.

  • From: Richard <rm.vaneijbergen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aztec-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2002 14:14:25 +0100

> Moinin' all

G'anoon!

> it's a really great idea to use billboards/3d sprites !
> Moreover it would be great to have such a primitive! - Billboard/3D
> sprite -
> as it's a very used thing in realtime 3d engines
> and an exporter could support them ... so one can setup trees (a mix
> of
> geometry and 3d sprites) and other things right in the
> aztec!
> I think 3D Sprite would be a better name and properties would determin
> if it
> acts like a billboard or only some (or none) axis are tourning with
> the cam.

Problem though is that Aztec isn't a 3d engine or game :)
(I'm talking about the bill-bordified lights now)

3D Models for light objects are quite handy, think about spotlights for
example..

Another point for not to use sprites/billboards is to save resources.
Even today there's still way too little memory available on many
systems..

(aimnshwaatbhooc!)

A billboard primitive would be cool though (wasn't there already such a
primitive?)

Gfapwlavm,
Richard