[aztec-users] Re: aztec-unstable released on source forge.

  • From: "Dominique Boutin" <Dominique@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aztec-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 13:16:42 +0100

:)

Moinin' all

> prettier light  objects

it's a really great idea to use billboards/3d sprites !
Moreover it would be great to have such a primitive! - Billboard/3D sprite -
as it's a very used thing in realtime 3d engines
and an exporter could support them ... so one can setup trees (a mix of
geometry and 3d sprites) and other things right in the
aztec!
I think 3D Sprite would be a better name and properties would determin if it
acts like a billboard or only some (or none) axis are tourning with the cam.

>particular version has per view menu bars
hm ... i don't think that they are very useful .. apart that they are taking
a bit mor place on the screen ...
Sure, going to the 'views' the old way takes more time ... therefore my idea
.. why not change the style of the right-click pop-up
in the way the menu bar is. So right-click on i.e. 'perspective' pop-up '
'shading' and 'views' - in the style like on has already clicked
on the menu bars, so the menu-roll-out are are visible on mouse-over ....
this way one would have quick access to view and shader an
no more screen space is wasted ;)
Naturally this won't work anymore if one adds 4 other entries there ... but
don't think that planned, or?

ha, finally it says 1.1.3beta  ;)

Dom