[aztec-users] Re: Compile under linux? How?

  • From: Richardve <rm.vaneijbergen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aztec-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:36:29 +0200

* Download the Aztec source from cvs (instructions on how to do that can be
found at www.sf.net/projects/aztec (cvs page))
* Download the GTK+ version of wxWindows (v2.2.9 atm) from www.wxwindows.org
* Configure wxWindows using "./configure --with-opengl"   (without quotes)
* Now you should first set the wxUSE_GLCANVAS definition in
<wxwindir>/lib/include/wx/setup.h to 1
* Don't forget to add /usr/local/lib to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH (needed when
using dynamically linked libraries for wxWindows)
* Execute ldconfig
* Compile AztecLib    (just type 'make' in the the corresponding directory
with the Makefile)
* Compile wxMain      ('make')

- Optionally you can compile the other Aztec specific libraries, but they
aren't used yet (under Linux).
- You should also have the 'standard' libraries installed like zlib, libpng,
etc. (for wxWindows, and DevIL when it's used)
- You can't do anything useful using Aztec for Linux atm, please don't
expect too much.

HTH,
Richard

btw. I've written this from the top of my head (I'm using Windows right now)
so I'm not totally sure if this the right way to compile everything.
       (altough I've setup everything 2 hours ago, for the last time.. so it
should be ok :)

/me goes quickly back to work again..