[AZ-Observing] Re: too cheap to buy an almanac

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 05:00:58 -0700

Diane asked me this question, but the answer should be of interest to
everyone on this list.

        -Paul

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:57:03 -0700, Diane Hope wrote:

> Hello Paul,
> on a completely different topic, do you have a handy daily moon rise/set &
> sun rise/set calendar for the year like you sent round a year or 2 ago? or
> a handy link to a web site with one.

I'm not sure what you're referring to.  I did a series of SAC calendar
pages for 2002, but they did not have daily rise/set times.  I did not
get around to doing the calendar for this year.

After some Googling ("daily sunset moonrise almanac calendar"):
    http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.html
!   http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.html
    http://imagiware.com/astro/almanac.cgi
!!  http://imagiware.com/astro/skycalendar.cgi
      eg
http://imagiware.com/astro/skycalendar.cgi?command=display&year=2003&month1=09&month2=12&observatory=Other&obslong=7+28+18&obslat=33+27+12&sitename=Phoenix%2C+Arizona&zone=7&zonename=MST&moon=7.5
    http://wise-obs.tau.ac.il/~eran/Wise/wise_calen.html
      eg
http://wise-obs.tau.ac.il/cgi-bin/eran/calen?MO=10&YE=2003&TI=Arizona+Sky+Calendar&LO=-111.60&LA=31.980&TZ=-7&IO=E&PLACE=2

! = Rise/Set table for entire year
!! = Sun AND Moon table for entire months!  This is likely what you wanted.

Interesting, but requires money:
      http://www.geocities.com/the_astronomical_pocket_diary/apd.htm
 wow  http://www.moonphasecalendar.com/

        -Paul