[AZ-Observing] Re: reflections in Maksutov with solar filter

  • From: Steven Dodder <sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 00:32:56 +0000

If the filter was a Thousand Oaks Type II, or Baader film, my suspicion is the
secondary spot on the corrector may be slightly too small, allowing light from
the main mirror to pass it by, reflect off the inside of the filter and into
the eyepiece.  Adding the post it note covered at least part of the
overshooting the secondary, thus reducing the reflection.

Steve Dodder
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim

Chairman, SAC Novice Group

Director, Stone Haven Observatory
sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visit my web site at http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com