[AZ-Observing] reflections in Maksutov with solar filter

  • From: joalth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 21:38:42 +0000 (UTC)

I would like to ask those who have more optical knowledge than I have. Recently
I used a solar filter on a Maksutov style telescope. When I first used it there
seemed to be a lot of reflections showing in the eyepiece. Looking at the
central reflective surface of the corrector plate I tried to reduce the problem
with a round piece of Post-It note. This seemed to help??? Are there any ideas
or comments or concerns with trying to reduce reflections with this type of
optic. Thanks in Advance for any advice or comments.

    John Thompson  L.H.C. astronomy Club