[AZ-Observing] coming back from flatiron..

  • From: "Wes Edens" <edensw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:35:12 -0700

I left Flatiron shortly after 11 PM, after a very enjoyable evening.
Very nice weather.
Zooming south on the highway, though, I had to slow down in a hurry.
There were quite a few people actually IN the road, and alongside it,
and several vehicles to each side.  It didn't look like a good idea to
stop and ask what was going on, so I kept going, albeit more carefully.
A mile or so on down the road, a truck pulling a flat bed trailer met
met heading towards the group.  It looked like a stock car on the back
of the flatbed.
So I'm not sure what was going on--people hanging around after an
afternoon of offroading, maybe.  But my hunch is that it was it was a
drag race in the making--possibly on the blacktop.  My phone was buried
in the back of the van, and I had pulled the fuse on my internal lights,
so I didn't stop and call anyone, but in hindsight, I probably should
have.
Anyone else run into that?