[AZ-Observing] Re: Vekol on 4-5 Jan 2003

  • From: "Brian Page" <brpage@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 14:18:21 -0700

Thanks Rick, that was me.  I had my 9.25" SCT trained on Saturn with,
initially, a 22mm Panoptic stacked above a Sirius MV-1 and an Orion
Ultrablock filter, for 105x.  This seemed to work great, although neither
filter produced satisfactory views on it's own.  I later used this filter
combo with a Pentax XL zoom EP I recently acquired, studying the view at
195x and 295x.  These were at least as good at revealing the shape, and a
little of the structure, of M1 behind Saturn.  When this experiment first
worked, I was so thrilled that I had to go harass several of my observing
field neighbors until they agreed to come over and take a peek.  It really
was a beautiful sight.

Brian Page