[AZ-Observing] Valerie Goff

  • From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 23:56:12 -0700

Hi All-

Valerie Goff, a long-time TAAA fixture before her husband Bob passed,
died this
evening peacefully at home after a 7 month battle with lymphoma.  At the Grand
Canyon Star Party, she revelled in serving as some combination of den mother
and campground hostess.  She pointed out to me just this last week that she
didn't know beans about astronomy, but was a groupie for the nerdy types who
did!  After Bob died she established a "Bob Goff Lecture in Optics" at the
Riverside Telescope Makers Conference, sponsoring several well known and
popular talks at the weekend meeting over the last 8 years.   We were all
fortunate for knowing her.  Services are pending - I'll post the
details when I
know them...

-Dean