[AZ-Observing] Triple star designation near ZZ Gem

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 03:03:00 -0500 (EST)

Howdy folks;

While observing ZZ Gem with the TV 102 several days ago, I noticed a
triple star.  It is an almost matched triple of 10th magnitude stars and
they are in an almost equilateral triangle.  That is a rare triple if I
ever saw one.

I cannot find a designation for this triple, other than Coe 1...ha ha.

Anyway, they are located at 06 26 20 and +25 16 31.  I got that position
by centering up this triangle and asking the CGEM mount for a position
with the "Get RA-Dec" command.

I hope someone can help;
Steve Coe