[AZ-Observing] Re: Tonights observing

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:58:06 -0700

Re - afternoon clouds that clear out at night.  This is not something that
happens normally.  Most of the time, once the afternoon clouds start their
build up in the mountains it lasts well into the night and include
lightening shows and precipitation.  Last night was an unusual happening,
but keep in mind it can.  The unfortunate problem is to predict this ahead
of time and I don't know how to do that, nor does there seem to be weather
forecasters that know how.  Just doesn't seem to be enough data to build a
model, or could there be just toooo much data?

Still it is good to have someone like Stan to give us up to the minute
weather reports.  Thanks Stan.

Observing tonight - I'll be watching to see what transpires before making a
decision.  Regardless it would probably be later rather than earlier.

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ