[AZ-Observing] Re: The Real Blue Moon

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:14:03 -0700

The now common usage of the term is not unusual in it's origins. Quite a few
phrases have come to be part of the pop lexicon by misinterpretation & over
usage, more so now that the internet can spread misinformation like wild
fire.

Some recent examples:

You say: I was Bangalored. You mean: My job was outsourced to India

You Say I was Plutoed: You mean I was demoted or publicly demeaned

One has only to watch Seinfeld reruns for other examples: Master of Your own
Domain, No Soup for you, Yada Yada Yada.

Makes the world an interesting place to live, I suppose.

Rick Tejera
President
Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club