[AZ-Observing] Re: The Leo Triplet from Antennas

  • From: SteveM <stevemalmkar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 16:43:44 -0700 (PDT)

Mike:

Just beautiful!  I love the triplet, but it's astounding how many smaller/more
distant galaxies you can make out.  Great job.

BTW, I took your advice and purchased a T-Ring type adapter.  I purchased the
"True-2" EOS Ultrawide Prime Focus Adapter for my T3i from
telescopeadapters.com.  I also purchased a Baader UHCS 2" filter.  After
purchasing them, I was working on a purchasing a Baader MPCC when I realized
that it needs 57mm of adapter space.  I have an email out to telescopeadapters
to see if the spacing is right. I already received the adapter and it's close
if not exactly correct.  Anyway, I'm waiting for their reply and then I'll
purchase an MPCC as well.  I missed one for $95 on astromart.  Argh!

I think I'll tag along with you guys if you do the 1 nighter @ Hovatter
Norte(??) next week if you go.  I'll probably go Friday and Saturday night
though.

/s