[AZ-Observing] Re: The Geminid Meteors - Photographic Results

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 06:34:36 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244

No tomatoes, Chris, but kudos on some nice captures!

I wonder if meteor #4 was the one I estimated at about -4 magn, about as bright
as Venus? It was pretty much overhead for me, as I recall. The Geminids were
certainly scattered over the sky, though I saw a preponderance of them to the
south. I would estimate that about 25% of the Geminids in this shower from my
location were within a few degrees of the horizon.

Looking forward to the lunar eclipse this Monday!

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)