[AZ-Observing] The Geminid Meteors - Photographic Results

  • From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az-Observing List <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 15:39:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,
This has been a huge project from start to finish for me, and its taken me
quite a few evenings to put this write up together! I have never been a die
hard meteor imager, and every year I keep on trying hoping I will not be
skunked and get no meteors in hundreds of promising exposures. This years
Geminids were a surprise, I got 10 bright meteors over two nights of recording
over 90 frames, each 5 minute exposures with the 8mm Fish eye lens and canon
XTI. I wasnt quite sure how to show you this bounty so it would make sense, but
here is my best shot at that - either full frame shots if the sky was beautiful
at the time, or a small crop around the meteor to show it at its best. I tried
to get the horizon in every crop, for aesthetics. Take a look at these, and
then you can throw your tomatoes at me! ;)

Clear Skies,

Chris

Schur's Web Portal: http://www.schursastrophotography.com