[AZ-Observing] The Antennas road has no dust, now!

  • From: "Steve Coe" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "stevecoeaz2001" for DMARC)
  • To: Az-observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 00:55:31 +0000 (UTC)

Howdy all;
Well, after 6 days and nights at the Antennas site, I woke up Sunday at noonish
and I was the only person there.  I had viewed some multiple stars and open
clusters during the clear nights we had before the wind storm started up.
But, the Moon was still skinny and the sky was clear and blue...so I decided to
give it one more night.  I drove up to the cafe near Salome and had a
cheeseburger and then returned to the RV and laid down for a nap.
When I got up the sky was cloudy and more thick clouds were coming in over the
western horizon.  I did some reading and looked outside and it was still
cloudy.  Then the rain started, and it didn't stop.  I had the scope covered
and the eyepiece box was in the back seat of the car.  I did get a lot of
reading done.  And...as I drove out today the road was not dusty at all.
See ya at the Holiday Party;Steve Coe