[AZ-Observing] Re: C/2013 US10 (Catalina) and C/2014 S2 (Panstarrs)

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 21:12:30 -0700

Nice catch David.

Bernard

-----Original Message-----
From: az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Douglass
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 10:17 PM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] C/2013 US10 (Catalina) and C/2014 S2 (Panstarrs)

Tom’s images of the Catalina comet have been fun to watch. That tail in really
something to see.
For some reason, I was thinking this object was in the West, and I was not
going to be able to see it from my obs.
Tonight, I discovered it is in the East… YAHOO !! Now on my list to catch!
Thanks Tom.

We actually have two comets to observe and image these days… One in the early
morning (C/2013 US10 Catalina), and one in the early evening… (C/2014 S2
Panstarrs).

Panstarrs, at about 6:30 PM tonight was about Az 330, Elev 26.
I was able to get about 30 min on it tonight before the clouds came in.
The image in my observation sheet is a stack of 26 1-min images.

http://www.az-dahut.net/Obs-Log-Sheets/c-2014-s2-panstarrs-20151213.jpg

David Douglass
David@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (main)
Dmdouglass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Alternate)