[AZ-Observing] Re: Spectroscopy/Photometry Gathering

  • From: Dan Heim <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:27:26 -0700

Jeff, I feel your pain. All your fantastic equipment just sitting there
for several months and unusable. Even with cooling, you don't want to be
setting up convection or forced airflow currents within your dome, as
that would also wreak havoc on image resolution. Have you looked into
the new Peltier cooling systems (same electronics as with CCDs). They
have gentle air flow, quiet operation, and are available in a wide range
of BTU capacities. Of course, they do suck a lot of electricity. See:
http://www.eicsolutions.com/thermoelectric-air-conditioners.php

Dan Heim