[AZ-Observing] SAC meeting this Fri. 10.10.8 7:30 at GrandCanyon University

  • From: "Jennifer Polakis" <m24@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 19:20:02 -0700

The guest speaker is Steven Aggas.  Steven will make a talk about the great
adventure of making his 36" telescope (after making his 20" scope and a couple
of other award winners!)  Refer to your June 2008 Sky&Tel for an interview with
Steven about his scope, and also Steven's website: http://darkskyobserving.com/
All are welcome to attend the meeting regardless of membership status.

Enter Grand Canyon University at the small traffic lighted intersection of 33rd
Avenue and Camelback which is just east of the big intersection of 35th Ave &
Camelback.  Turn North onto 33rd Ave which is the university entrance.  Stop at
the guard gate and say something like "astronomy club". Park there by the
guards and walk the short distance down the lighted pathway to the Fleming
Building which is the last building on the right.  You will be able to follow
your ears to the classroom we meet in.

33rd Ave is West of Interstate 17.

Afterward ~10p we meet up for an after meeting meeting at the JB's near the
South West Corner of Northern and 35th Ave.

Contact me directly offline or via telephone if you need additional directions
or have questions.

I hope to see you there!

Jennifer Polakis, VP
Saguaro Astronomy Club