[AZ-Observing] Re: A very deep zodiacal band shot to ponder

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 19:51:18 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244
Excellent shot, Chris. Your star images are crisp all across the field and I
liked seeing the outer expanse of the Magellanic Clouds. It was interesting
seeing the Gegenschein embedded in the zodiacal band.
We had a good night here last night after the nearly first quarter moon set.
After moonset I was able to see the Gegenschein in Pisces nearly the size of
the Great Square of Pegasus.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)

-- Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear List members,

Its cloudy tonight, so I thought you might want to be cheered up with a new
image.

This is the deepest shot of the elusive zodiacal band I have taken yet. It was
taken in Winton Australia, and readily shows the Gegenschien as a very bright
patch, and with this image as well, you can directly compare the Magellenic
clouds with M31.  I noticed that the core of M31 appears very yellow while the
LMC appears more white.

http://www.schursastrophotography.com/xtiastro/winton08-5.html

Comments?

Chris