[AZ-Observing] Road grater at Antennas

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 13:42:17 -0400

I have nothing but good news;

There is not a cloud in the sky, the rain is being evaporated out of the
ground by a nice, bright Sun, the forecast is for clear skies over the
weekend and the road grater just made a pass down the dirt road so it is
easy to get in and out of the Antennas site.

I got some good shots of a variety of objects last night, including Comet
Hartley.  It will be near the Double Cluster tonight and tomorrow night,
they both fit in the 200mm lens last night.  The Comet was easy to see in
the 8X42 binoculars, I think (maybe) I could just see it naked eye.
Averted vision only, so maybe 6.5 magnitude.

The only problem is that unless you park far away you will have to put up
with me.  Hey, every road has its pot holes;-)

See ya;
Steve Coe