[AZ-Observing] Re: Registax

  • From: Michael Collins <cal_donley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 14:23:28 -0700

On 12/28/13 13:45, David M. Douglass wrote:

> That is something you can do in CCDStack...
> The "Alignment" adjusts each image. You do NOT have to finish the Stack.
> Then you can simply do a SAVE ALL, and you will be done.

  Sounds like what I'm after, but the price is a little steep given how
often I'm likely to use the package. I'm finding that de-rotating and
registering the images requires only about a minute per frame.
Iteratively adjusting contrast and color balance to give each image in a
series a consistent background take a lot longer. Even though the
15-frame series I'm presently working on covered only about 1-1/2 hours
in time, the color and intensity of the scattered light changed
considerably.

  I'll save the 39-frame sequence I shot last week for another day...

  Thanks for the reference.

                                -- Mike --
--
cal_donley@xxxxxxx