[AZ-Observing] QHY8 OSC Camera For Sale - $800 Complete

  • From: George Kolb <geokolb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 13:28:29 -0700

Before I list my QHY8 CCD Ccamera on Astromart, I wanted to offer the
camera at a reduced price to local imagers.  Here are the details:
QHY8 Single Shot Color CCD Camera
Sensor Size: 23.4mm(h) x 15.6mm(v) APS equvilent
Image Format: 3032(h) x 2016(v) ~ 6.11M pixels, Sony ICX453AQ Progressive
Scan
Pixel Size: Square 7.8um x 7.8um
Computer Interface: USB 2.0 high speed interface
Download Time: Full Frame typically less than 8 seconds
Power Requirements: 12V @ 4 amps
Cooling System: Active 2 stage Thermoelectric cooling
Extremely low dark current (no dark frames needed if cooling is active)
High speed focus mode full frame downloads in 1 second

What you get:

QHY8 CCD Camera
2” prime focus to camera adapter
DC to cigarette lighter power plug
USB 2.0 cable
DC101 power supply with cable
Nebulosity 2.0 software for camera operation + processing
QHY8 drivers on CD
AC/DC 6.6 amp power supply (not in picture)
Hardigg Storm Case

I bought this camera new from Starizona and have not had any problems at
all with it.  You can see my images taken with this camera using the
supplied software at http://www.pbase.com/geokolb/astrophotos

You can see my camera and other included items at
http://www.pbase.com/geokolb/qhy8_ccd_camera

Regards – George Kolb  602-579-2857