[AZ-Observing] Re: Pierre Schwar Binocular chair project begun

  • From: "Bob Erdmann" <bobe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:26:07 -0700

Hi, Steve,

It's been years since I sat in Pierre's bino chair at Sentinel and spent
some time in another world, but the experience and views are burned into my
fevered brain.  The views were absolutely spectacular - due to the brains
ability to efficiently process images from both eyes, and do the
interpolation to make what one "sees" appear to be 3-dimensional.  I was so
immersed in the incredible views that I forgot where I was, and fantasized
that I were looking out the porthole of a space ship with both eyes - there
are really no words to do it justice.  I shall be more than happy to sit in
it again, when you're done with the project, to let you know if you've
restored it to it's original splendor  :-)

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help along the way - I don't
have much time, but restoring that wonderful piece of history is something I
wouldn't mind contributing to if it turns out that there's something I can
do.

Good Luck!

/Bob
"If voting could really change things, it would be illegal"
- Revolution Books, New York, NY