[AZ-Observing] Pierre Schwar Binocular chair project begun

  • From: "Steven Dodder" <sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:51:33 +0000

Hello all,
  I have begun work on Pierre's bonocular chair and have launched a web page
to document my progress.  It's still under construction, and should remain
so until the chair is completed.  Follow the link to my web pages below and
click on ATM pages in the "Interior Links" menu at left.  (This page will
also be placed on the SAC website, but I'm not sure when.)
  Anyone having first hand experience with the workings, operation or
construction of this wonderful instrument is encouraged to email me off list
with any information they'd like to share.  The more specific, the better.
How did it feel to sit in it, how were the views, did it move smoothly, how
long did the battery last and so on.  If you'd like to help in the
restoration and can provide any insights just drop me a note.
  Wish me luck, and I hope I can do justice to this unique piece.

Steve and Rosie Dodder
sdodder@xxxxxxxxxxx
Visit my web site at http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman