[AZ-Observing] Re: Pierre Schwaar Telescopes (Was: A Smile and a Frown)

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:56:07 -0700

AJ's 14.5" was a twin and my 14.5" is a twin, but I don't think of each
other. Pierre liked to make them in pairs for economy of effort. Mine's
dated 2/98. My Big Foot mount was old when I got it from Tom Polakis. It's
picture is in Volume I of the Night Sky Observers Guide along with a young
Tom. Plus don't forget the two 14.5" uncoated mirrors of which one was sold
to Paul Lind and the other is now sale pending to San Diego, the last ones
Pierre made, dated 12/99.

Jack Jones
Public Events
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Phoenix AZ
spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.saguaroastro.org

> Steve Coe
>
> P.S.  I know the 14 inch mirror in AJ's Dobsonian is from Pierre and used
> be one of his personal scopes.  I have a photo somewhere of Pierre at
Eagle