[AZ-Observing] Re: Picture of M10

  • From: Michael Collins <cal_donley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 08:31:57 -0700

On 05/16/11 02:22, Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy) wrote:

> Another great shot! It's curious about the near lack of galaxies in
> your M10 image compared to that of M12 since they are pretty close to
> each other on our sky. I agree with Tom that it would be nice to have
> a side-by-side, same-scale comparison of your globular cluster
> images. Keep up the wonderful work.

  I see some galaxies in the M10 image (I counted 26 candidates in the
M12 image when I spent some time looking in detail yesterday), however I
wonder if a factor may not be the 50% increase in exposure time between
M10 and M12. Except for two, none of the galaxies in either image are
particularly bright. The increase from 180 to 270 total minutes, 60 to
90 for luminance, could be significant.

  Both great images, either way.

                                -- Mike --
--