[AZ-Observing] Orion xx14g For Sale

  • From: Scott Stiers <srstiers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 23:35:22 -0700

I would like to sell my Orion xx14g.  This is the 14" goto Dob.  I have
had it for 2-1/2 years and it's hardly been used.  The 14" has the
meniscus shaped primary that is supported only at the center. This makes
the mirror much lighter and no distortion from edge clips.  It has
excellent images and someone commented at a recent star party that it
had the best images of Jupiter of all the scopes there.  That's good for
a fast Newtonian so you can guess how good deep sky objects look.
I would like to sell it locally so I don't have to ship it, although I
do have the original packaging.

I am asking $2000, they go new for $2700.

I live about a mile from the library where the EVAC meetings are held so
if anyone is interested we could arrange a meeting next week on the day
of the meeting.  Please contact me OFF-LIST!

Thanks!

--
Scott R. Stiers
Gilbert, Az