[AZ-Observing] Re: Orion StarShoot AutoGuider

  • From: "KenGSikes" <kengsikes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 17:41:09 -0700

Thanks all for your responses. All the guider has to do is guide well enough
to keep a star in a 80 arc second circle. I do not plan to use it to guide
for AP work. The time it take to start guiding was what I did not know. I
down loaded the PDF file for the guider , but it did not give a definitive
answer as to how long before guiding took place. I would be guiding for 10
sec  each interval times 3 intervals ( 30 sec) in four color bands, B,V,R,I
then move to the next star. When I move to the next star will it take the
same amount of time to calibrate or will the previous calibration be used ?

Thanks

Ken Sikes