[AZ-Observing] New deep sky article on Cloudy Nights dot com

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OPT" <opt@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Dr. Harold G Corwin, Jr." <hgcjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Chris Marriott" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Adam Block" <ablock@xxxxxxxx>, <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 05:25:55 -0700

Hello all;
I just wanted you folks to know that I have started a new column about deep sky
observing that will be posted on the Cloudynights dot com web site.  This site
has recently been purchased by Astronomics and so all the information on the
site is open and free for the viewing.  There was a period of time when the
site was trying to solicit funds from users, but that time has passed.

In the same form as my observing columns in the past, the name is "What's Up?"
and it is a study of objects for viewing within a particular constellation.
The constellation for this month is Ophiuchus.

I look forward to any feedback you wish to provide, either about this article
or input for future columns.

You can find the article by just going to cloudynights.com and a pointer to the
column is on the front page.

Thanks for your time;
Steve Coe

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org