[AZ-Observing] Re: More RTMC... - DOH!

  • From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 10:21:42 -0700 (MST)

Ironically, with the economy downturn and the availability of PATS for a
dust-free vending experience, the telescope field was totally void of
tents, except for around the fringes, but there were only 3 scopes there,
the biggest Alan Guthmiller's 20" and a couple of 12" class.  There seems
to be some grassroots efforts amoung the glasspushers to get remotivated
and "save" the orginal RTMC theme.  A yahoo group has formed, and a
scattering of traffic has started.  I think there will be an upswing in
scope making next year, but with the change in schedule, will anyone come?

-Dean