[AZ-Observing] Re: More RTMC... - DOH!

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:13:55 -0700

p.s., if they do plan on turning RTMC into star parties then they need
to work on their light control better. Last year where I usually camp
out, there were two newly installed blinding lights, wall packs where
you could not easily unscrew the bulb, on the showers-toilet building. I
cut up paper grocery bags I had and with the help of someone else taped
them over the lights. At first I attempted to turn them off by shutting
off the breaker, but they were wired  so that if this was done, lights
in the entire building turned off. The next day someone, I assume an
RTMC volunteer, had removed the paper bag coverings. Thus, they were
ready to blind everyone in that area again for that night. I don't know
if that had happened because I was so disgusted because of this, the
increase in vendors, and also importantly, the very poor food that year
that I left for Arizona after dinner.
Stan