[AZ-Observing] Meade LXD-600 mount info

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:05:15 -0700

Does anybody have any insight into the operations and computer interface of
this mount?  Meade "customer service" told me they'd never heard of it.  ?

Specifically, there are a couple ports I'm interested in.  Those marked "CCD",
RS-232" and "Encoders".  The CCD one claims it can be used for autoguiding.
RS-232 should be just that, allowing me to hook up my laptop to a planetarium
package for control.  But the encoders port intrigues me the most, with all its
implications.

Thanks for any input.

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory
fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman