[AZ-Observing] Re: March 16/17, 2010 Observing Report from Hovatter Norte

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:28:59 -0700

Paul, speaking of NGC3718 I saw it from Antennas last month and notes that
just 8' to the south is a small, faint compact galaxy group called Hickson
56.  There are 5 galaxies of about 16th mag, but only 4 were seen.  I
attempted the same observation during the Messier Marathon but was not
successful.  It is this kind of discovery that makes observational astronomy
such a pleasant surprise.

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ