[AZ-Observing] Re: Marathon Kudos

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 22:40:44 -0700

Thanks everyone for supporting the Club even tho our hopes of a new 110 record
were dashed by the weather gods. The turnout was amazing. The T-Shirt design
came out really well but I should have added some clouds. We sold 67 shirts.
Since we ran out of some sizes early due to the demand I'm going to try to get
a second printing done for those still wanting one.

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Phoenix AZ
Telescoper@xxxxxxx
www.saguaroastro.org

Many thanks go to Jack Jones and Rick Tejera for stepping in during my
absence.  I just got the paper work from Jack (lists and waivers) and
there's a lot there!  While Jack took care of the T-shirts, Rick gave
the pep talk.

With all the high observing counts, despite cloudy skies, they had to
have done great to keep everyone from not being discouraged.

I'll begin reviewing the lists and post a draft copy for validation -
hopefully by Monday evening.

Again, many thanks to Jack, Rick and all that attended,
aj