[AZ-Observing] Re: M41 in Canis Major

  • From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 15:30:07 -0700 (PDT)

Wayne, thanks - I think the 3d look in the binos are partly as a result of the
combination of both bright and faint stars mixed in one object.
Clear Skies,

Chris

Schur's Web Portal: http://www.schursastrophotography.com

From: Chris Schur <comets133@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Az-Observing List <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AZ-Observing] M41 in Canis Major
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 20:10:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
The newly built electronics for our telescope -� the Orion 8" f/4 -� up in
Happy Jack has now been finished, and the laptop computer is now fully
controlling the tracking on the mount.� Ive been wanting to upgrade this
setup for years, so that I can ditch the old ST4 and go to the same guiding
software I use with my 12.5" back here in Payson.� This is the first shot
with this new setup, and the tracking was flawless.� The field here is about
2.5 degrees and while this image was taken last saturday with a half moon in
the sky, the object appears well recorded in the sub arc second seeing
conditions.� I hope you enjoy this brand new image:

http://www.schursastrophotography.com/xtiastro/m41.html

Thanks for Looking,