[AZ-Observing] Re: M27

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:41:08 -0400

Looks legit.  Has there been any discussion as whether or not this might be a
long-period variable star rather than a nova?  There is another Mira variable
near the Dumbbell Nebula.  It was discovered by, get this, comparing images on
two magazine covers.  Leos Ondra wrote about "the Goldilocks Variable" here:

http://www.seds.org/messier/xtra/leos/gl.html

Don't look at me; I didn't give it that name!

Tom