[AZ-Observing] Kappa Gemini

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:49:11 -0700

Howdy all;

Well, we have had lots of fun with star colors over the years and now I
would like to add to the fun with an observation from several nights =
ago.
This is from my backyard in Phoenix with a Nexstar 8.

The double star is Kappa Gem at 07 44.4 and +24 24, it is 4/10 mag and =
has a
separation of 7 arc sec in a PA of 239 degrees.

The reason I am posting this is--at 167X it is an easy split and I saw =
the
colors of the two stars as light yellow and AQUA--honest!!  The fairly =
faint
companion is a beautiful blue-green.  I don't have the actual spectrum, =
but
I will try and find it.

So, if you get a chance over the next month or so, add this beauty to =
your
observing list, it is worth it.

Clear Skies;
Steve Coe