[AZ-Observing] June Eclipse

  • From: "Tejera, Rick" <rtejera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:07:39 -0400

I just got the June issue of Astronomy and they've got an article about the
June eclipse. Got me thinking it might not be too early to start planning.
Eclipse day is a Monday so folks may want to plan on getting out work early
enough. Since the eclipse occurs late afternoon and will be low on the
horizon, i was thinking about a hike up the mountain at Thunderbird Park.
I'm open to other ideas, although since I'll have my daughter with me I'd
prefer not to go to far out.

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club