[AZ-Observing] Re: Interesting night / Flat Iron

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:14:19 -0700

Jimmy, weather permitting I'm planning on a two nighter at the new site
southof I-10 on Hovatter Rd so I'll be leaving early Friday afternoon.  We
are expecting about 5 people - so far.  Depends on weather more than
anythingelse.

Clear skies to all,
aj

jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx[1] wrote:
Was a great night last night in North Glendale. The sky was fairly steady
outmy way. Would be nice if we can get that this weekend. Saturday night I'm
planning out going out to Flat Iron for a little "marathon" practice. Anyone
else planning on going out? Jimmy Ray From: "Albert Stiewing"
<amst@xxxxxxx>[2]Date: 2006/02/21 Tue PM 09:25:15 PST To:
<az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[3] Subject: [AZ-Observing] Re: Interesting
nightIndeed, and the clear sky was very transparent.The stars of Orion were
leaping out tonight. I even saw M45 naked eye, something I never see from my
house. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Hopkins"
<phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>[4]To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[5] Sent: Tuesday,
February 21, 2006 9:02 PM Subject: [AZ-Observing] Interesting night An
interesting evening. There were clouds about, but the stars I was interested
in were between the clouds. I got good photometry on them. What was most
interesting was watching the clouds. There were two large bands of cloud
going south to north. They were local as the would form and dissipate, form
again and dissipate. It looked like they were trying to move north, but soon
after coming into existence they would dissipate as they started to move.
Very interesting to watch. One minute 1/3 of the Phoenix sky was cloud
covered. A few minutes later no clouds could be seen. Jeff -- Jeff Hopkins
HPO SOFT http://www.hposoft.com/Astro/astro.html[6] Hopkins Phoenix
Observatory 7812 West Clayton Drive Phoenix, Arizona 85033-2439 U.S.A.
unsubscribing, and please send personal replies to the author, not the list.
-- See message header for info on list archives or unsubscribing, and please
send personal replies to the author, not the list. -- See message header for
info on list archives or unsubscribing, and please send personal replies to
the author, not the list.

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx
   2 mailto:amst@xxxxxxx