[AZ-Observing] Re: Image of Pierre memorial at Semtinel

  • From: AJ Crayon <acrayon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:44:47 -0700

Andrew, you bring up a good question about weed wackers for the AAMM.  So
far, over the years we and EVAC, have been using the site there has never
been any weeds, save a few small patches of what looks like grass, on the
observing field.  I'm planning on speaking with Ray Fransworth a few days
before the event and will put that question on the list for him.  Will
reportresults here.

Hoping for clear skies,
aj

Andrew Cooper wrote:
Yep, bladderpod is the correct ID, specifically /Lesquerella gordonii
/commonthroughout the low desert. I saw quite a bit in the Tucson Mts. last
weekend on a hike to see how the wildflowers. Still a little early for the
Tucson area with our slightly higher elevation, I think the peak is still a
couple weeks out, but still worth a hike to see the early flowers like
bladderpod. Clearly low elevation Sentinel is in full bloom, hard to belive
an area that normally appears so desolate can be so lush with a little rain.
http://www.whitethornhouse.com/bladderpod.htm[1] Do we need to bring weed
wackers to AAMM? I'll see if I can find room for my gas powered line trimmer
next to the 18". Andrew kellerjt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[2] wrote: The wild flowers
atall of our observing sites this year should make it = worth bringing
telescopes out for a drive. Does anyone know these = flowers? I'm thinking
bladderpods but don't have a book here at work. = The rain on the otherhand
makes Pierre's place at the National Cemetary = a little messy. If anyone
canget out there for a visit and a little = clean up, let me know and I'll
tell you how to find his place: = kellerjt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20[3] Jenn. -- See
message header for info on list archives or unsubscribing, and please send
personal replies to the author, not the list.

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.whitethornhouse.com/bladderpod.htm
   2 mailto:kellerjt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   3 mailto:kellerjt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20