[AZ-Observing] Re: Image of Pierre memorial at Semtinel

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 21:33:07 -0700

Yep,  bladderpod is the correct ID, specifically /Lesquerella gordonii
/common throughout the low desert.  I saw quite a bit in the Tucson Mts.
last weekend on a hike to see how the wildflowers.  Still a little early
for the Tucson area with our slightly higher elevation, I think the peak
is still a couple weeks out, but still worth a hike to see the early
flowers like bladderpod.  Clearly low elevation Sentinel is in full
bloom, hard to belive an area that normally appears so desolate can be
so lush with a little rain.

http://www.whitethornhouse.com/bladderpod.htm

Do we need to bring weed wackers to AAMM?  I'll see if I can find room
for my gas powered line trimmer next to the 18".

Andrew