[AZ-Observing] Re: Good Seeing at Messier Marathon

  • From: ketelsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:33:10 -0700 (MST)

Wayne-
Tom might be a better source - I only had a 10 second glance, but I
remember the dark ansae inside the ring being pretty stable - obvious in
the image.  No sign of Cassini's division - a lot more subtle in the
image.  I saw some banding...  The ability to stack dozens of images at
it's best is certainly better than you can see at any instant.  We stopped
by and saw it perhaps an hour prior to his image - a fine view of Saturn
and the Ghost of Jupiter planetary
-Dean.