[AZ-Observing] Good Seeing at Messier Marathon

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 1:37:39 -0400

As is often the case in the hours before the first cirrus arrives, the seeing
on the desert floor was very good last night.  I had my 18" scope at 600x, and
the image of Saturn was holding up well.  Since I brought the camera along, I
took a pause from the marathon to shoot this image.

http://www.pbase.com/polakis/image/110757019

As the clouds thickened, it turned into a long pause lasting until well past
sunrise.

Tom