[AZ-Observing] Re: [Fwd: Steve Coe to Sentinel]

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:50:55 -0800

I did not observe last night, but before I went to bed at 11:45 I stuck
my head out the door. It was a beautiful night. 10 miles to the east at
the Cherry site it was cloudless and the stars were bright. There was a
small cloud patch hanging over the Bradshaws at my place (10 miles west
of the Cherry site). At 1:45 am it was still a beautiful clear night.
These are just two snapshots in the night and there may have been
significant protracted periods of cloudiness in other parts of the night
but it appears I can restate "You just never know". At the moment the
entire sky is partly cloudy. I wouldn't venture to guess what it might
be like tonight this early in the day, and I will be gone on a trip
around noon.
Stan