[AZ-Observing] Re: Experience With Lightwedge Reading Light for Star Charts

  • From: <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:40:07 -0400

Hi Tom,

I will bring mine to the meeting so you can look it over. In use I found it
overly bright, even in it's "dim" setting. Rick  Terrja uses his in a different
manor and likes it (maybe he'll bring his as well. I have tried different fixes
such as painting the edge black (as it is very bright and making a "dummy"
battery to drop the overall voltage (doesn't work). I am looking at taking it
apart and installing a similar dimmer circuit as Andrew Cooper has in his LED
desk lamp so that I can vary the intensity but haven't gone there yet. As for
reading books at night it's pretty neat just wish it was 8 1/2 x 11 not  the 4
x 5 'ish size (folded sheet) that it is.

Jimmy Ray