[AZ-Observing] Re: Double Triangle in Corvus, AKA Ndt Nannies Are Not NIce

  • From: Ken Reeves <kreeves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 21:59:14 -0700

For those wondering, "Reeves-1" is in Cepheus, about 30' North of NGC 7160.
I observed it on October 5, 1996 in the 10" scope at Buckeye Hills at 100X -
"Just to N of 7160, knot of about 13 stars, unable to identify in any of my
sources.  Fairly big, somewhat bright, not very rich, 2 levels of stars"

As with "Reeves-2", I doubt that I was the first to notice this group, or
even the first to put a name or number on it.  By the way, the only reason I
put the "Reeves" name on these objects was that I couldn't find any other
name for them.  Of course, any previously designated identification would
have precedence over mine (I'm not holding my breath on becoming famous or
infamous for these names! )

I haven't come across a "Reeves-3" yet, maybe one of these days...

Ken Reeves

Rick Tejera wrote:
Well it would seem this is indeed a well observed asterism, but I got to
thinking, If Ken dubbed it "Reeves 2", Where's Reeves 1? Curious minds want
to know